United Nations Recruitment 2023: The UN Careers Application Portal www.careers.un.org is open to all interested applicants across the nation. For full details for a successful application, kindly read through this article to the end.
In addition, this article will cover the basic information regarding UN jobs in Africa, entry-level UN jobs, UN Internship Careers, and United Nations in Nigeria, as well as how to apply for UN jobs in 2023.
This article contains information on UN employment openings, application forms, the career portal www.careers.un.org, requirements, how to apply, start/end dates, and other pertinent information.
Hello and welcome to Vacancy News. In this article today, we have highlighted all the crucial facts you should be aware of about the United Nations recruitment as well as the open job vacancies.
Is United Nations Currently Recruiting?
Yes, the United Nations recruiting for 2023 is still open. Individuals interested in UN job openings should visit the online career site www.careers.un.org to explore available roles and submit an application.
We have simplified the process for you by offering a full list of positions that are currently available, the prerequisites, and, of course, how to apply.
UN Internship Careers 2023
If you want to work in diplomacy or public policy, an internship at the United Nations could be a great place to start.
The internship’s goal is to provide you with firsthand knowledge of the United Nations day-to-day working environment. You will have the opportunity to work directly with our employees.
You will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as UN organizational policy as a member of our team, working directly with excellent and inspiring career experts and senior management.
Also, you will first accept the amount of responsibility you can bear; but, the potential for growth is yours to develop.
Can you work as an intern with the United Nations?
- Are you in the final academic year of your first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent)?, or are you now enrolled in, or have recently completed, a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)?
- Do you have a strong knowledge of the English or French languages?
- Are you not the child or sibling of a United Nations Secretariat employee?
Basic Information About UN Internship 2023
- Duration: The internship program lasts at least two months and can last up to six months. If you are chosen, you must begin your internship before or within one year of graduation.
- Cost: Interns at the United Nations are not compensated. All travel, insurance, lodging, and living expenses must be covered by the interns or their sponsoring organizations.
- Visa: You will be in charge of getting and financing the essential visas.
- Travel: You will plan and pay for your trip to the United Nations site where you will intern.
- Medical insurance: You will be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of accidents or illness while on internship and must provide proof of valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep all unpublished material gained during the internship confidential, and you may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: You may be able to receive academic credit for your internship from your higher education school. Check with your university to validate their internship academic credit rules.
If you are interested in internships with any of the other UN funds and programs listed, please apply directly through the links below. Or visit http://www.unfpa.org/jobs/unfpa-internship-programme for more information.
Available United Nations Jobs in Nigeria
- Livelihoods and Markets Assessment
- Health Manager (MNCH), P4, Abuja, Nigeria, #83142-Fixed Term (Not For Nigerian Nationals)
- National Consultant (Monitoring & Evaluation)
- Education Officer,P2, ABUJA, Nigeria #108773-Fixed Term (Not For Nigerian Nationals)
- Administration Associate G6, Maiduguri
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (Meal) Specialist
- Emergency Programme Specialist/ Area Coordinator
Go to the Application Process page for information on how to apply for a job. To learn about recent changes to the application process.
Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
The UN does not collect any costs during the recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or any other fees). The United Nations is not interested in bank account details.
Additional UN Job Openings in 2023
- Senior Programme Management Officer
- Secretary to the Commission
- Regional Subprogamme Coordinator – Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Associate Human Resources Officer
- Chief of Environment and Development Policy Section
- Senior Human Rights Officer
- Director, Information Centre
- Scientific Affairs Officer
- Senior Political Affairs Officer
- Senior Interpreter, Russian
- Finance and Budget Officer
- Programme Management Officer
- Investment Officer
- Public Information Officer
- Principal Programme Management Officer
Requirements for UN Recruitment in 2023
The following requirements must be met in order to be successful in the ongoing United Nations Recruitment.
- Candidates must have a legitimate form of identification that is recognized both nationally and internationally. Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Also, candidates must have a basic education, and those aspiring to higher levels must have a degree or equivalent.
- Candidates must be analytical, knowledgeable, and ready to adjust to a new working environment. Candidates who are computer proficient have an advantage.
- The applicant should be a member of relevant professional organizations.
- Strategic and holistic thinking ability
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding leadership and people management abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The candidate must be able to pay attention to detail and be willing to relocate to any area of the country if necessary.
- The applicant should be a team player.
- He or she should be capable of working with little or no supervision.
- The applicant should also have a thorough understanding of the role for which he or she is seeking. Candidates with relevant work experience have an advantage.
United Nations Recruitment 2023 Application process
- Search for UN Job opportunities
Using the search engine on this page, you can look for employment openings at the United Nations. The majority of job postings are for a single position at a certain office and duty station (position-specific job openings).
- Create a profile and put together an application
You must first register on this website (click here to register) before you can prepare an application. After registering, you will be sent to your Application’s Home page, where you will complete and maintain your profile, application form, and all information pertaining to your application(s).
You should first establish a user profile (My Profile). My Profile contains information such as your name, nationality, contact information, and marital status.
In addition, you can make changes to My Profile at any time, such as changing your phone number or family status, and the information is automatically updated on all job applications you have already filed.
- Submit a job application
After you have completed your application, click Add Job to Application if you want to apply for a specific position. You will be required to respond to a series of questions depending on the job criteria, which will allow you to exhibit relevant experiences, emphasize skills and knowledge, describe related published work, earned licenses, certificates, and training, and so on.
When you’ve finished filling out the job application, click Submit to submit it.
A resume is not accepted as an attached document by the United Nations, and it is neither a substitute nor a supplement to a completed online application. If further information or documentation is needed, you will be asked to provide it during the application process.
If you successfully submitted your job application, you will receive an automated acknowledgment through e-mail. It’s also worth noting that after an application is filed, it can’t be modified for that specific job posting.
The My Applications tab displays each application you have created and sent, as well as the list of job vacancies to which you have applied, as well as the application status.
- Evaluation of the application
Your application is assessed based on mandatory and desirable evaluation criteria, such as experience, education, and languages. They can be found in pertinent sections of the job opening for the position you applied for, as well as in the Job Requirements questions on the application form.
Only if it is determined that you meet all the required evaluation criteria, as well as any other desirable criteria that the hiring manager decides to apply for screening, will you be invited to engage in assessment activities and/or a competency-based interview.
- Assessment exercise
A written test, simulation exercise, case study, or other acceptable evaluation mechanism could be included in the assessment exercises. The time, nature, and length of the evaluation will be communicated to you in advance.
If, as a result of the exam, you are selected for a competency-based interview, you will be notified.
- Competency-based interview
The competency-based interview can be conducted over the phone, through video conference, or in person. The time, duration, mode, and/or location of the interview will be communicated to you in advance.
We learn more about your combination of abilities, qualities, and behaviors that are directly tied to your effective work performance during the interview.
- Selection notification
Following the completion of several assessment rounds, a pool of qualified individuals is proposed for selection. An impartial review board comprised of staff and management representatives then evaluates any recommendations to ensure that the necessary procedures were followed correctly.
After the review panel has approved the recommended applicants, the department head makes a selection decision, usually for one individual or, if many positions are available, for the number of vacancies.
If you are the chosen applicant for the job, you will be notified.
How to Successfully Apply for United Nations Recruitment 2023
- Visit the UN Careers Portal at www.careers.un.org.
- For UN Nigerian Job, visit: https://nigeria.un.org/en/jobs
- For an Internship, visit: http://www.unfpa.org/jobs/unfpa-internship-programme
- Click the “apply now” button next to the job you want to apply for.
- Click “Create an account here” to continue.
- Please provide the necessary information.
- Then sign in to complete the online application form.
- Upload all academic and professional certificates.
- Proofread your application before submitting it.
Maintain the United Nations recruitment core values of professionalism and respect for diversity in all that you do.
United Nations Recruitment Deadline
The application date for UN recruitment varies, depending on the job position you are applying for. Most of the job deadline is June 3rd, 2023. Prospective applicants are expected to submit their application form on or before the deadline.