Nigeria Police Recruitment 2023: The Nigeria Police Force seeks applications from qualified, energetic, and eligible young Nigerians for recruitment as constables in the Nigeria Police Force (Recruits) in accordance with its constitutional mandate.
All qualified applicants are to read through this article for information on how to successfully apply for the ongoing NPF recruitment, as the application forms are now ready and can be obtained through the official portal login. See below for the following; Requirements, Educational qualification, Eligibility, and how to apply successfully.
Nigeria Police Force Basics You Should Know
In accordance with Section 153(m) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution, the Police Service Commission (PSC) is a Federal Executive Body (as amended).
In accordance with Section 14 of the Nigeria Police Act, 2020 and Paragraph 30(A) of the Third Schedule, Part 1 of the Constitution, the Commission is authorized to appoint other persons to offices in the Police Force who are necessary for the effective and efficient discharge of the functions of the Police Force under any terms and conditions the Commission may specify.
Is Nigeria Police Application Form Out?
The Nigeria Police Force has received numerous applications from individuals of different states, and have ensured all applicants that their applications will be handled properly. To ensure a fair recruitment, the commission has advised all applicants to be patient, as the NPF recruitment organizers has ensured that this year’s Nigerian Police Recruitment will be the best and handled properly.
Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal
The Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2023 remains the same. To apply for a position, check out the NPF official portal at www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng. Also, note that the NPF portal opens on 15th of August 2022 and closes on the 26th of September 2022. To this effect, the application for the recruitment exercise has ended.
General Requirements for 2023 Nigeria Police Recruitment
- Own a National Identification Number (NIN) and be a naturalized citizen of Nigeria;
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 as of the first day of 2022 and the last day of 2022;
- Males must be at least 1.67 meters tall and females must be at least 1.64 meters;
- Possess a full extended chest measurement for men exclusively of no less than 86 cm (34 inches);
- Be deemed physically and psychologically fit for appointment by a government medical officer;
- Not having any kind of physical or mental impairment;
- Not experience any financial shame;
- Be of good moral character and cannot have been convicted of any crime;
- Must provide two (2) verified references from one of the following categories: traditional rulers, magistrates, local government chairmen, heads of attended educational institutions, career civil servants not below grade level 12, police officers not below CSP, or military officers not below lieutenant colonel.
- Results from the SSCE, GCE, NECO, or NABTEB that include English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings and have a minimum of five (5) credits.
NPF Application Basic Information:
You need the following in order to apply for this:
- Functional email address (please note that during the exercise, applicants will be contacted via this email for the majority of official correspondence);
- NIN, or national identification number
- Recent passport photo, SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB scores, and birth certificate as softcopies (scanned);
Successful Steps To Follow To Apply For Nigeria Police Recruitment 2023
Using the aforementioned softcopies, visit www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng and carry out the following steps.
- Click Apply on the webpage, then sign up with your email address and preferred password (choose a password you can remember);
- To verify and activate your account, open your email and click the link inside.
- After activating your account, log in using your email address and password;
- Update your profile, upload any required files, and make sure to use the phone number (if any) associated with your NIN;
- Before final submission, check the information to make sure it is accurate;
- If you are chosen for this step, you will receive an email confirming your application, which you will need to print out and bring with you to the physical screening location;
- Additionally, the email will include a link to your profile, so you may print off your information whenever it’s convenient for you.
NOTE: There is no cost associated with this police constable recruitment exercise. (Candidates are not compelled to pay.)
Closing Date For Nigeria Police Recruitment 2023
For six (6) weeks, the application portal at www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng will be open. The portal will be launched on the August 15 and close on the September 26, 2022.