Nigeria Police Ranks and Salary Structure 2023: The Nigerian Police Force personnel have track records of peacekeeping operations, they are also respected and recognized for their deeds in contributing to peace and security across all states in Nigeria. On the home front, they play an important role in the internal security management in Nigeria within the constitutional system and the Police Act.
It is proper to learn the true truth regarding the compensation structure if you have specific ideas about how much police officers in Nigeria are paid, rather than making assumptions that might not be accurate.
That sums up this article in its entirety. You might find out how much a police officer makes in Nigeria as of 2023 by looking at the ranks in the force.
Basic Duties of the Nigerian Police Force
The Police Acts and Regulations, Section 4, mentions the following among the responsibilities of the police force:
- The prevention and detection of crime.
- The apprehension of offenders.
- The preservation of law and order.
- The protection of life and property.
- The due enforcement of laws and regulations with which they are directly charged.
- The performance of such military duties within and outside Nigeria as may be required of them by or under the authority of the police act or any other act.
Nigeria Police Ranks
We shall list out the NPF ranks based on their levels from highest to the lowest rank. Therefore, if you are applying for job, you should know the rank to which you are interested in and their qualification. Below are the ranks of the Nigeria Police Force.
- Inspector General of Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police
- Assistant Inspector General of Police
- Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Chief Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Inspector of Police
- Sergeant Major
Nigeria Police Salary Structure
|Inspector General of Police||₦711,450.00|
|Deputy Inspector General of Police||₦546,572.80|
|Assistant Inspector General of Police||₦499,751.90|
|Commissioner of Police||₦302,970.50|
|Deputy Commissioner of Police||₦278,852.80|
|Assistant Commissioner of Police||₦212,938.20|
|Chief Superintendent of Police||₦199,723.96|
|Superintendent of Police||₦172,089.06|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||₦170,399.70|
|Assistant Superintendent of Police||₦156,318.39|
|Inspector of Police||₦87,135.10|
The Inspector General of Police receives the largest salary in the Nigerian police force as the top position.
- DSS Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- FCSC Recruitment
- Nigeria Police Recruitment
- NPC Adhoc Staff Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- Civil Defence Recruitment
For a very long time, the Nigeria police force has been one of the most secured jobs in the country with a good salary scale. In order for you to completely grasp how much the Nigeria police officers earn on a monthly basis and what their future earnings would be once the Federal Government implemented the increment in their wage structure. So all prospective applicants can now see the salary of the Nigeria police and what salary to expect once recruited into the Nigeria police force.
Be the first to comment