Niger State Civil Service Salary Structure: The Niger State Civil Service Commission pay scale has been the talk of the town since the commission commences its recruitment exercise. The Niger State CSC Salary Structure for the majority of departments is shown below.
About Niger State Civil Service Commission
In accordance with the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s 1999 constitution, the Niger State Civil Service Commission was created. The third schedule’s paragraph (I) of Part II states that “The Commission shall have power, without limiting the authority granted to the Governor and the State Judicial Service Commission, too:
- Appoint individuals to state civil service positions,
- Remove those holding such positions and enforce disciplinary measures against them.
- The Commission also covers the following areas:
- Contractual engagements
- Service transfers, secondments, and de-secondments
- Acting as a body of appeal for requests from Ministries/Departments
- Keeping thorough and current records of individuals for the civil service
- Putting any civil service changes in place
- In order to guarantee that reforms are implemented uniformly and to maintain standards, ministries and extraministerial departments’ operations are monitored.
Niger State Civil Service Salary Structure and Allowances
According to www.mysalaryscale.com, Niger State Civil Service Commission employees make an average of 147,500 Naira annually. One employee of the Niger State Civil Service Commission compiled this data. Assistant Chief Administrative Officer is one of the positions.
Based on salaries submitted, the Niger State Civil Service Commission’s gender distribution is as follows: male (100%); female (0%); and unidentified (0%). Below is the full details of the Niger State Civil Service Commission Salary Structure.
|Grade level||Salary range (N)|
|01||19,500 – 27,000|
|02||21,000 – 29,500|
|03||22,000 – 32,000|
|04||22,500 – 35,000|
|05||25,000 – 41,000|
|06||31,000 – 49,500|
|07||41,500 – 64,000|
|08||54,000 – 80,000|
|09||63,500 – 96,000|
|10||73,000 – 111,500|
|12||87,500 – 127,000|
|13||98,000 – 138,500|
|14||107,500 – 153,000|
|15||120,000 – 167,500|
|16||132,000 – 190,000|
|17||147,500 – 213,500|
It’s vital to keep in mind that, unlike other states, the Niger State Government does not require tax payments or other deductions from its employees in order for them to get the official compensation ranges for their employment.
It is clear from the chart above that the lowest compensation a government worker in Niger State can receive at grade level one (the lowest grade) is N19,500, while the highest salary is N213,500.
Preferably, a civil servant in Niger State, like those in other states across the nation, spends at least three years in each grade level before being promoted to the following grade level above. This gives a servant the right to a small pay raise and keeps workers motivated.